Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easy Cuisine 

Nummy Noodle Soup

Wooh! Today has been a busy day. Busy and very enjoyable. Especially since I got to make the first "Easy Cuisine" of Yours Truly, Foodie. I will do this every Thursday, and soon I will post videos instead of pictures. Kind of like my own mini cooking show to share with all of you! 

Still keeping with the soup theme, I thought it'd be really cool to make something simple and affordable. And what's more affordable than Ramen Noodles?! I came across an awesome recipe on Mommie Cooks, which was brought to my attention through Gojee. The mother who posted this recipe had an awesome idea, and I see why her kids loved it. It's easy, affordable, and only takes 20 minutes! I honestly didn't believe that something so simple could taste so great, and I was a bit apprehensive about making tofu since it would be my first time cooking it. All my worrying was for nothing though, because it turned out great. I only wish I could have posted a video of the process, but I do not have to proper equipment for that yet. So until then I have some lovely pictures to share with all of you, which should help you step by step on your cooking adventures.

                                                First gather all of your ingredients together!


For the broth you will need:
6 cups of vegetable broth
1 inch of fresh ginger, chopped (I measured it against my thumb)
2 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 pkg of Ramen Noodles (unless you're serving a lot of people, I used 2)
2 cups of fresh spinach

For the tofu you will need:
1 pkg of firm tofu, cubed (try and get cubed, it's a little bit messy when slicing)
1 tsp of soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
Oh! And if you're not a fan of tofu feel free to trade it for chicken, or whatever you'd like.              

So once you have all of those ingredients gathered, get yourself a large pot and heat your stove. I find that it's good to heat your pot a little before adding the broth. Maybe I'm just impatient, actually I am hah, so it makes me feel as if I've cut some time out of the process. Once you feel that it's been heating up long enough add your 6 cups of broth, soy sauce, sesame sauce, ginger and green onions. Let this simmer over medium heat. By the way it smells A-MA-ZING when you add the sesame sauce. I felt like I had just stepped into a fresh market in Asia, with all the authentic smells swirling around me. 



While that lovely mixture is coming to a boil, move on over to a free burner and heat up your remaining soy sauce and sesame sauce. Once the sauces are heated, add the tofu and lightly toss them around until they are coated in the sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until they are a light brown on the outside. (The tofu will still feel a bit spongy, so do not worry.) 


As the tofu finishes cooking add the noodles to your broth.


When the noodles are fully cooked add your spinach, and let that cook for about 2 minutes. 


After that you can add your tofu (or any other meat).


Now it's time to eat!


I hope you all enjoyed the first of many Easy Cuisines! I certainly did, and I can't wait to share more with you! Now time to chow down. Until we meet again, many happy food wishes!

                                                                                                                                          Yours Truly,
                                                                                                                                                  Foodie






No comments:

Post a Comment