Tuesday, May 8, 2012

                                         Savory Soups and Rainy Days



There is nothing better than a savory and simple soup, and this my friends looks pretty darn savory to me. I stumbled upon this lovely little recipe when I was browsing  Gojee this morning, which then lead me to the blog Y-I-EAT-N (another new favorite). Oh, and for those of you that have never heard of Gojee, it is a magnificent recipe database that allows you type in any ingredient that sounds delicious to you or that you have available. Then it takes that ingredient and throws it into cyberspace, and finds a ton of recipes with that specific ingredient! You can also type in any ingredients you don't like so they can be filtered out. After going through a few recipes, if you find one you like, you simply click "View Full Recipe". This will then lead you to a recipe website or a blog. It's a really great source when you're trying to make dinner at the last minute, which I tend to do often.


But back to the soup! This soup contains coriander, carrots, kale, white beans, and even apples. Definitely healthy and not mention delicious! There's more to it than that, but those are some of the ingredients that I found interesting. Though the coriander and beans alone would have hooked me while I was fishing for new recipes. And as I mentioned before it is so simple! In a nutshell, you heat up your oil in a large stock pot and saute the first few ingredients. Then you add your stock (vegetable or chicken), some seasonings, simmer for about thirty minutes and voila ! You've got yourself a soup worthy of snuggling on the couch with. This soup is especially perfect for the rainy day I'm experiencing. Add a good book or a movie on top of that and you're ready for a good evening! I know what I'll be doing tonight. I wish you all the best, and many happy foodie filled moments!


                                                                                                                                            Yours Truly,
                                                                                                                                                    Foodie




                           Coriander, Carrot, Kale and White Bean Soup




No comments:

Post a Comment