Wednesday, May 9, 2012

                                              Kickin' it with the captain.


So after some persistent searching I finally found it! My all time favorite stew. I know, I know, it's not soup. But soups and stews are pretty similar, and I thought it'd be a nice switch. Plus this stew is so simple to make, and it last for days! I seriously ate this stew for a week straight. You can even put over a nice bowl of rice, it's super delicious. But before any of you begin making this stew I'd like to point out that this is not the original recipe I used, and when I find the original recipe I will post it. The difference between the two recipes is this recipe contains a few ingredients that I did not use when making the stew. For example, there are cherries, peanut butter, coconut shavings, and ginger in this stew. I've never put any of the following ingredients in my stew, so I'm not sure how it would affect the overall flavor. But for those feeling adventurous, I know I always am, give it a try. If it's a great success, let me know what you think! Thinking of this stew has given me a case of food nostalgia, so I shall have to work this recipe into my dinner plans soon. Oh! And be sure to eat this yummy stew with a big piece of baguette bread. You'll want to scoop every last bit of it up. Also, I'd like to thank Epicurious for providing this recipe. I'm so happy I was able to find it. Enjoy!
                                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                              Yours Truly,
                                                                                                                                                      Foodie

                                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                    

                                 Country Captain with Cauliflower and Peas



No comments:

Post a Comment